What is TMAH?
TMAH (Tetramethylammonium Hydroxide) is a critical raw material used for the manufacturing of electronic components. It is also used by a variety of other industries for manufacturing ceramics, silicones, inks, coatings, pharmaceuticals, polymers, and agricultural chemicals.
TMAH is a chemical that is used throughout industry in a variety of applications. It is important that all users and individuals who may become exposed to TMAH be aware of the hazardous nature of the product to ensure appropriate procedures are being utilized when working with this material.
- CAS#: 75-59-2; EC#: 200-882-9; Classification: C; R34-24/25-52
- EU-GHS Substance classification: GHS 06; GHS 08; GHS 05 Acute Tox 2(H300,H310) Skin Corr.1B (H314) Eye Corr 1 (H318) STOT SE (H370) Aquatic Chronic 4
- TMAH, aqueous 20-25%, is a clear liquid with a slight amine odor
- TMAH is an extremely caustic material with a pH greater than 14
- Exercise extreme caution when working with TMAH to prevent accidental exposure and injury
While TMAH demands utmost respect in its handling, it can be handled in a safe manner. SACHEM, Inc., a major supplier of TMAH, has handled this chemical safely for over 30 years.
SACHEM's core value focuses on excellence in Health, Safety and Environment, which the company considers a precondition to everything it does. In support of the safe handling of TMAH, SACHEM provides safety consultations and safe handling support for its customers and other interested parties. Please contact us if you need support or have questions about the chemical.
The information contained in this blog is for informational purposes and should only be used in addition to a user's independet assessment and evaluation of the risks of TMAH unique to a user's work environment, procedures and operations.